Paddleboard Rentals and Demos
Melbourne, Indialantic (321) 676-9773
We have plenty of paddleboard rentals from 7’10″ – 11’6. The 11’6 will float someone in the 250 lb range.
We now have 12’6″ and 14′ Raceboards as well! (Call for availability)
Paddles, tie down straps, personal flotation devices, and leashes are included in the price of the rental.
Water shoes, and sunscreen are recommended.
Being on a barrier island we couldn’t ask for a better location for standup paddle ventures. We have the option to paddle in the river or the ocean. We recommend paddling in flat water for your first time. Wind speed and direction as well as ocean conditions will determine where you will paddle. Ask one of our knowledgeable staff where the best option for paddling would be based on current conditions.
Standup Paddling can be a lot of fun. However if not practiced safely and responsibly with etiquette and respect in the water things can go south pretty quickly. These are big boards. Common sense and being aware of your surrounding environment is key to ensuring the safety of you and those around you, making sure a great time is had by all ! Always follow the below guidelines when paddling and your SUP experience should be a great one.
- In the ocean avoid crowded locations.
- Do not paddle where there are swimmers.
- Paddle away from packs of surfers.
- If you and another surfer and/or paddler are going for the same wave, the rider closest to the peak of the wave has priority. Give up the wave ! There are plenty more.
- Always start your paddle heading into the wind. This will ensure an easy paddle back to your starting point.
- If you feel like you get in a situation where wind is significantly slowing you down, lay down and paddle like you would on a surfboard. Place the paddle blade under your chest.
- Do not paddle in shore break. Shallow water and stand up paddle boards don’t mix. Avoiding the shore break is also a good way to avoid unnecessary injury.
- Always check the weather before going for a paddle.
- Always paddle with a partner
SUP SAFE ! HAVE FUN ! ALOHA !